Do you need to uninstall Microsoft Office completely from your system and you are looking for the solution to uninstall it. Then this page will provide you with detailed instructions and step by step guide to uninstall Office from your system.
There can be many reasons for uninstalling Microsoft Office. No matter what the reason is. Here is the answer you are searching for. Since incomplete uninstallation may hinder the working of the system. Hence, it is important to completely and carefully uninstall Office from your system.
Below-given are the process for both Windows and Mac devices.
Below-given is the process to uninstall office using a fix tool. Go through the below-given process and follow each strep carefully.
- Firstly, open a web browser.
- Go to the Support page of Microsoft Office.
- After that, search for “Office Fix Tool”
- Download the fix tool from there.
- Next, you have to open the Downloads Folder.
- Double-click the downloaded setup file.
- Subsequently, you have to click “Next” in the uninstallation window.
- Thereafter, it will start detecting the problem.
- After detecting the problem, the next dialogue box will ask to confirm the uninstallation process. To completely Uninstall Office, select “Yes”.
- Now, wait for the process of uninstallation to complete. It may take several minutes.
- The next window will show the confirmation of uninstallation and ask you to restart your system. Now, tap “Next”.
- After that, the fixing tool will show the additional problems it has founded as well as fixed. Click the “Close” button.
- Lastly, restart your windows device. This will change the settings and completely uninstall Office from your system.
To completely uninstall Office from your MAC OS device, you have to follow the below-given procedure. This process is bifurcated into three parts. Hence, go through each part and follow it carefully.
PART 1: Remove Ms-Office Application
- Firstly, open the “Finder” on your MAC device. You will get this Finder option in the “Dock” which is at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, select “Application” from the left panel.
- After that, press “Command Button” and select all the Microsoft Office applications from the list.
- Next, press “Ctrl” key. Along with that, right-click the selected items.
- Lastly, from the list, select “Move To Trash” option.
PART 2: Delete Office Files
- Open the “Finder”.
- Now, press “Comand + Shift + G” altogether.
- In the next window, enter “~/Library”.
- Subsequently, click “Go”.
- After this, go back to finder and head to the library.
- Now, select the “Containers” folder.
- Next, you have to press “Ctrl”. With that, select each of the following options. And subsequently, select “Move To Trash”.
- Afterwards, click “Back Arrow” and go back to the library.
- From there, open “Group Containers”.
- Lastly, press “Ctrl”. Along with that select the below-given folders and move them to trash.
PART 3: Remove Office From Dock
If you have added any Microsoft Office shortcut in the dock, then:
- Firstly, go to Ms Office shortcuts available in the dock.
- Press “Ctrl”. Along with that click each shortcut.
- From the list, select “Option”.
- After that, select “Remove From Dock”.
- Lastly, restart your MAC device to finish the Uninstall Office process.
Following these steps will successfully uninstall Ms Office from your Mac and Windows Device. For further Assistance visit Office Support Page.